The Aurora Audio GT8x2 Absolute is an 8 input, 2 output unit that enables the engineer to route line level signal where they need to, without sacrificing channels from the mixer. Each channel on the 8×2 Absolute has it’s own level control and pan, so you can determine the level and position in the stereo field.
The GT8x2 Absolute can be used to: blend multiple mic signals to 2 mono outputs or 1 stereo output, a simple summing amplifier to make a mix, and even live applications where output is connected to a PA system!
Now for the important bit: although Geoff puts the maximum amount of color, vibe, and soul into every Aurora Audio product, the GT8x2 Absolute takes the opposite approach. Geoff calls this Absolute due to the purity of the signal retained and the lack of color that permeates the sound. Bussing and routing shouldn’t be colored by a path whose job it is to go from point A to point B. If you are combining sounds that you already think are perfect, why would you want it changed by the time it gets to the destination?
- Gain = > +15dB
• Input Impedance = 18Kohms (electronically balanced)
• Common Mode Rejection Ratio = 50dB @ 60Hz
• Slew Rate = 12 volts per microseconds
• Input Headroom = > 26dB
- Gain = 0dB
• Output Impedance = 50 ohms (electronically balanced)
• Common Mode Rejection Ratio = 65dB @ 1KHz
• Frequency Response = 20Hz to 20KHz +0.5dB
• Noise = < -85dBu (Weighted 20Hz to 20KHz)
• Crosstalk = < -60dB @ 1KHz
• Headroom = > 26dB