GTQ2 STEREO PREAMP
Geoff Tanner’s design incorporates balanced transformer input and output. Our transformers are made to Geoff’s exacting specifications by the old Marinair crew in the United Kingdom. This results in the warm yet extremely punchy sound that only great iron can provide.
The adjustable input impedance coupled with 80dB of available gain makes the GTQ2 ideal for cleanly amplifying everything: low power ribbon mics, classic dynamic mics, and high output condensers. You don’t always have to stay clean though. Turn up the gain on the GTQ2 and hear the classic harmonics and overtones that made the Class A British sound so sought after.
The GTQ2 EQ is made to be engineer and musician friendly. This 3 band small wonder is an incredibly powerful tone shaping tool. Geoff saw the opportunity to simplify the EQ section by focusing on the most musical frequencies so you can spend your time recording and not twiddling knobs. The Hi end shelving at 12K provides air and sheen while never getting thin or shrill. The Low end shelving at 80hz gives you enough power to fill out an anemic sound or cut to get rid of any offending rumble. The Midrange control at 400Hz, 1.6K, and 3.2K can help you get rid of mud and get tracks to cut though your dense mix.
- Input Impedance = 1,200 ohms or 300 ohms balanced and floating
- Balanced and floating Output will drive any impedance from 600 ohms upwards
- D.I. Input Impedance = 10Megohms
- Frequency Response <20Hz to>50KHz + 1dB
- Distortion <0.075% @ 1KHz
- EIN <-125dB @ 80dB gain
- Transformer balanced inputs and outputs
- All Class A discrete transistor circuitry stepped adjustable in 5dB steps from –10dB to +80dB
- Rear jacks provide an unbalanced output at the same level as balanced. Selectable input impedance on rear panel
- Three band EQ: + 15dB adjustment 80Hz (Bass), 12KHz (Treble) mid frequencies of 400Hz, 1,600Hz and 3,200Hz
- 80Hz 18dB/octave High Pass Filter
- Internal power supply